About Me

My name is Enric and I am twelve years old. I live in Banyoles (Spain). My favourite hobbies are fencing handball and playing role games. At home i like meeting my friends and watching action movies

Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Rosa Parks: The woman who said no

Rosa Parks is a black women who just has a normal life. In the 1st of December of 1955. She's going back home on the bus. A white passenger enters the bus, and because she's black she has to give up her seat but she says "NO"

Immediatley Rosa is arrested and sent to prison. Black citizens were angry so they decided to protest. They wouldn't take the bus. 75% of bus passengers were black so, without them buses would lose money.

Finally, segregation on buses was abolished and for the first time, black and white people could sit together on a bus. This was a small victory but it sparked the civil rights movement that was soon to come with the civil rights legend, Martin Luther King Jr.

No comments:

Post a Comment