About Me

My name is Enric and I am twelve years old. I live in Banyoles (Spain). My favourite hobbies are fencing handball and playing role games. At home i like meeting my friends and watching action movies

Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Traffic Jam


A few months ago when I was in the USA I had to go from New Jersey (down south of Manhattan) to Lower Manhattan. The only tunnel to Lower Manhattan is the Holland tunnel. That means that anybody coming from the south that wants to go to Lower Manhattan will have to take the Holland tunnel.

The Holland tunnel is a complete nightmare, anyone who dislikes waiting in a car shouldn’t drive through it. It was built a long time ago so it only has two lanes. It took three hours for my dad to cross it. It’s clearly a big traffic problem.

I think, that people, instead of taking the tunnel, they should leave the car in Staten Island and get a ferry to Manhattan enjoying the spectacular view, or they could take the train from Newark if they come from New Jersey. Also the New York council could build another tunnel from the south to Lower Manhattan.

No comments:

Post a Comment